4 All Memory

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Verizon Wireless Customer dis-service?

A recent email I got led to an attempt to upgrade my cell phone. As I am not yet in the "text on an infinitely small keyboard" genre, I do not use texting on my cell phone. I wanted to log into my online account to look at the options, but I had forgotten my password. The problem is, verizon wireless has no automated online mechanism for password retrieval that doesn't include text messages. Even worse, where my home is, I cannot get cellular signal. (doesn't matter the carrier, trust me, I've tried). Anyway, though tens of thousands of financial institutions around the world have this"technology", something about a cellular phone companies "security" system keep them from being able to achieve this miracel of modern (late 90s?) technology.
Anyway, to make a long story short, I am awaiting a snail mail version of my password to get into my online account. Aaah, the wonders of technology.

No comments: