4 All Memory

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

OCZ Rally2 Dual Channel 8GB USB 2.0 Flash - Review

I bought this as an add-on to a larger new computer purchase from TigerDirect.com. (Highly recommend them BTW) Thought it would be nice as a music drive for my Sony Car stereo that accepts USB drives to play MP3s. It works excellent.
Transfers are fast. No data loss in the 3 months I've been using it. I like the LONG neck string, as I can carry it with me most all of the time. I also like that it attaches to the body of the drive, not the cap. I won't use the ones that attach to the cap as I'm always afraid the drive will fall off and I won't notice it until it's way too late.
It's a bit longer than some of the others out there, but it plays in my stereo, and it works excellent to store and transfer excessive (8Gb? Are you kidding me?) amounts of data and info. Works great for portable apps also.

Pros: Storage size, neck cord, transfer speed
Cons: a little long, but really None!

5/5 - Would highly recommend this to anyone. Tiger sold it for $35 with a $20 MIR when I got it. Worth every penny.

No comments: